“One of the things I was hearing all the time when I was in the banking world was ‘OK, but this bitcoin thing, it doesn’t have any intrinsic value,'” mentioned Ambre Soubiran, CEO of cryptocurrency market-data inauguration Kaiko.
“And this is something to which I apparently all disagree,” she continued. “How can you say that having a system that enables permissionless transference and a localized and secure way to digitally transfer possession [doesn’t have value]? Just that system and the fact that it works and that it has been working for 10 years has value – and that’s the intrinsic value in my eyes.”
Soubiran spoke with CoinDesk for the newest episode of Bitcoin Macro, a pop-up podcast sequence that includes the audio system and themes of CoinDesk’s future Invest: NYC convention on Tuesday, Nov. 12.
The occasion will discover bitcoin’s function inside the monetary system because it finds its place inside the world macro group. No longer written off as some ignorable area of interest, extra persons are asking: Is bitcoin a macro asset? Is it a safe-haven asset? How will it carry out inside the ensuant recession?
In this episode of Bitcoin Macro, CoinDesk’s head of technique, Nolan Bauerle, dialogue with Soubiran about:
- The “macro” origins of bitcoin.
- The shifts inside the bitcoin narrative over time.
- Why the ICO increase was a seminal second for exterior markets to reach extra curiosity inside the cryptocurrency house.
- Why the function of bitcoin as a protected haven is discourse to native politics and economics.
- Why HODLing conduct reveals the promise of bitcoin as a future protected haven.
- The immediate-term dangers to bitcoin inside the case of a world recession.
- What order-book information suggests concerning the state of the markets.
Listen to the podcast right here or learn the entire copy beneath.